Saturday, November 20, 2010

My First Blog Post Ever!

Hi everyone! So, this is my first blog post ever as the title of it suggests. I realized that I have a lot to say about almost everything and almost no one to say it to when I can't sleep in the middle of the night. so here goes nothing. I'm going to start by telling you a bunch of things about myself. You can expect my future posts to have to do with any of the following.

name
My name is Julie Rae. Rae is actually my middle name but I do not like my last name so I often choose not to use it, except in professional settings.

personality
people say I tend to act like a know it all. I tend to disagree. haha. I would say that I like learning new things and helping people. I'm always researching something and if I know some information that may help someone out, I'll be the first to blurt it out. However, I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. I'm usually not wrong but if I am, fine. Ok, now I just sound conceited. Well, I'm not that either. I do have very high self confidence when it comes to some things but I also have insecurities about almost everything. I'm usually confident until I face the fact that there's always going to be someone better out there at whatever I do. Sure I might be the best at something out of a certain group of people but when you put all of those groups of people together, it's possible that I'm the worst out of the bests. I don't necesarily care about being better than anyone at anything, eventhough it sounds that way. It's more of a personal thing. I'm a perfectionist and I'm not happy with myself unless I view my results at whatever it is as the best possible. For example, if I like someone else's photograph of a flower better than my own, it means that my results weren't to my standards because I like someone else's better. Anyways, I promise this is the most confusing section of this post.

Another thing about my personality is that I can be shy when meeting new people on a personal level. However, once I get to know them better, I'm no longer shy. I also tend to hide my emotions from those I'm not super close with. Luckily, in a professional setting I can put on my game face if need be and be more friendly, less shy, etc..

religion/nationality
I am Jewish. However, I am hardly religious at all and do not really associate with the religion. I do believe in god and pray to him almost every night for those in my life and even those not in my life. Whenever someone asks me what nationality I am, I don't really know how to answer. My great great great grandparents were from England, Russia and Poland. Funny thing is, I look spanish and everyone comes up to me speaking spanish. Sometimes I go along with it because I do know spanish fairly well from school and because if I don't, it will turn into an hour long conversation about where I'm from and how the person insists that I must be spanish.

school
I am 24 years old and I graduated from Simmons College this past May with a Bachelors of Science in Management and a minor in Economics. I started off at Boston University in the College of General Studies and although it was one of the best years of my life, the classes weren't for me. After freshman year, I took a year off and worked several temporary jobs before deciding to transfer to Simmons.

work life
I am currently looking for a job and am getting a bit frustrated. I was offered several positions pretty shortly after graduating from college but didn't take any of them because they simply were not jobs I wanted. One day I would like to start my own company but as for right now I am just looking for experience. Most people wouldn't admit this but I actually really want to be an administrative assistant starting out. One, it will help me get my foot in the door at whatever company I choose to work for and two, I like helping people and constantly having to prove myself to them. The thing that bothers me is that most administrative assistant roles out there right now are senior level, requiring more experience. For what though? I know I can handle any administrative assistant role. I've done it before, i'm an expert at all of the Microsoft Office programs, I've handled multi-line phone systems, I'm great at problem solving and I'm a perfectionist that can multi-task. What more could a company want? I mean seriously. I normally don't admit to be an exert or being great at anything because I don't want to come across as being conceited but these things I know.

family life
I have a pretty small family. My parents are divorced and I have one brother who is 2 years younger than I am. He and I could not be more opposite from eachother. I've never been that close to anyone in my family but hope to have my own family one day that I'll be a lot closer to.

love life
I was in a relationship with a guy I was planning on marrying for about 3.5 years starting my freshman year of college. Although there was so much love on both ends, there was also so much hate and anger. Eventually it got to the point where as much as I wanted to, I couldn't continue it anymore. After that, I had a few shorter term relationships that just weren't right and then I met my current boyfriend who is so amazing, words can't even describe. Our first date was to Bertucci's and a Celtics game and we've been together for a little over 6 months!

music
I love listening to music and have over 2,000 songs on my itunes. My goal is to get to 10,000 songs by my 30th birthday. I like everything from hard core rap to the Backstreet Boys. My top 5 favorite songs of all time?

Nickleback - Far Away,
Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart,
London - Back to the Way,
Keri Hilson, Kanye & Ne-Yo - Knock You Down, and
Fabolous - Breathe

that list would probably change if you asked a different day though. Boys II Men and 112 should definately be in there some where. My current fave song is All of the Lights from Kanye and the whole crew. Too many artists to list.

tv/movies 
Lately, I don't have the attention span to sit through entire movies unless I'm in the theater. I love love love any movie with Denzel Washington in it and surprisingly not many chick flicks. Don't get me wrong, I still end up watching most chick flicks but most of them are so unoriginal and I'm just getting sick of them. Lifetime movies are always good though. As for TV, I love almost any reality show following around celebrities (Run's House, Daddy's Girls, Running Russel Simmons, The T.O. Show, Basketball Wives, Keeping up with the Kardashian's, etc.)

food
I am very passionate about food but also try to eat healthy food that usually tastes like cardboard. I love both cooking and baking but definately have a lot to learn about cooking. I am currently working on a compilation of all my favorite recipes and will most likely end up posting a few of my favorite ones. I also love to try new restaurants and cuisines all the time.

exercise
I actually like working out but do not have easy access to a gym. In order to compensate I try to encorporate activities that keep me active as often as possible. Some of my faves are kayaking, ice skating, rock climbing, going for walks and dancing. I'm not an expert at any one of them but they're fun.

health
I have several conditions: fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis, raynaud's syndrome and scapula bursitis. I normally don't like talking about them because I'm not looking for attention or pity and I always give 100% to everything I do. I don't want people to think that I'm not capable of certain things. However, it can be frustrating at times when people just assume that I'm feeling 100% because a lot of times, i'm not and I'm in a ton of pain. I also feel it is important to let people know about my conditions so that other people with them can come to me for help. I'm no expert in dealing with the conditions but I'm sure it would help for those people to have someone to talk to about them especially if they were just recently diagnosed.

photography
Photography is something I've always been interested in. Again, I'm definately no expert but I enjoy good photography and when I see it, I become inspired. Currently, I have a 14.1 megapixel Sony camera that I'm extremely dissapointed with. I'm hoping to buy a Canon or Nikon at some point so that I will obtain more motivation to become a better photographer.

art
I've always had a love/hate relationship with art. I can be decent at both painting and drawing but since I'm a perfectionist, I'm usually not happy with my results and I tend to spend way too much time working on each piece.

regrets
Although there were many events in my life with which I wasn't happy with the outcome, I have no regrets. I look at life as a learning experience and am glad to have experienced everything that I have.

travel
I would love to travel the entire world one day but as of right now, I don't even have a passport meaning that I've never been outside of the country. However, traveling is one of my passions and I would love to open my own hotel one day. Inside of the country, I've been to numerous cities in Florida, as well as to most of the states along the east coast and Los Angeles, CA. The top ten (I can't choose just five) places I want to visit are probably Dubai, Morocco, Spain, Italy, Greece, Japan, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, and South Africa.

fashion
I love shopping and can tend to be quite a bit of a shopaholic. Don't get me wrong though, I know how to manage money. I am an economics minor afterall. Anyways, I love love love clothes. My favorite store is Express. I'm probably their best customer. I would say about 70% of my clothes come from there. Other than Express, I shop anywhere from Marshalls to Saks. Sure, some of the clothes I buy can be a bit pricey but I save money in other ways. For one, I have coupons for almost everything and two, I don't waste money on junk I'm not going to use.

So it is now 6 in the morning and I am getting tired so I think I am going to call it a night (morning). I'm sure I left tons of stuff out about myself but I don't really expect anyone to read this anyway. If anyone does end up reading it, feel free to comment, leave questions about anything. I hope everyone has a lovely day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment